Roper dryer will not start.

I'm going to pull the motor out.

I've check the belt and it's on there properly and the motor spins (only manually) when I turn the drum.

I already said I can't find a pulley switch but it seems like it should have one.

Jim

Reply to
gonjah

Wish you'd said that earlier, about drum turns but no heat. I thought you had no drum tumble. Glad I asked. I was pulling your chain, cause I knew it was not tumbling.

Last I worked on a gas dryer, the common parts are hot surface igniter, and solenoid to gas valve.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It is time to check to see where the voltage is being lost at. Take a voltmeter or one of the simple neon bulb type testers and keep one end of the meter/probe on the neutral wire where it comes in to the dryer. You may find a wiring diagram for the dryer to help you trace things. If you have voltage on one side of the "press to start' switch, put a jumper across that switch. Then follow the voltage path to see where it is being lost.

You may want to go across the motor first just to see if it is the motor. The motor may (but I doubt it) have a reset switch on it that is tripped.

Dryers usually have several interlocks. The door switch, thermal cutout or two, probably one that senses the drum is turning.

I think you mentioned the door switch having 3 terminals but only 2 were used. The third one usually goes to a light in the drum if there is one. The switch has one hot leg and the other two are so that one will be hot when to door is open and goes to that light if there is one. The other one goes to the control circuit that stops the motor if it is running. Make sure that the wires were put back on correctly if you took them off.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Contrary to what he said, I don't think his motor turns. No heat, no motor. I guess.

Reply to
Pico Rico

Well, this is even more confusing. Yo, G! Help us out here, friend.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sorry Stormin but I thought "Will not start" in the title would cover that.

And Pico, the motor does turn, but only manually.

I found the problem. It is a bad timer.

I got a bad continuity test on the second timer test. I didn't know there are two continuity test on the timer.

Now I have to figure out how to get that damn front panel back on. Turns out it's dangerous.

Reply to
gonjah

Now there are two of us, frustrated. Shows me good, for trying to be useful.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I wish I would have seen the right youtube video earlier. I wouldn't have taken the panel off. May there is a video on how to put it back on.

First price I've seen on the timer is $116. Anyone know where to get it cheaper?

gonjah