Residential Maytag Dryer

Ptoblem with my dryer got up this morning found note from my mr's asking me to replace fuse on dryer. Easy enough to locate blown fuse it was black. Had to slip joint plyers to remove it. After replacing same tutrned dryer back on couple of minutes the fuse sparked and blew any suggestions.

Reply to
don &/or Lucille

if its electric the element has probably broke and shorted, it can be intermittent and blow fuse

Reply to
hallerb

The fuse is designed to protect you from electrical malfunction. Installing another fuse without first locating and repairing the malfunction means:

  1. the new fuse will probably protect you;
  2. the malfunction will probably recur. This happened in your case.

You still need to locate and repair the electrical fault.

Reply to
Don Phillipson