Has anyone used this Peel and Seal from Lowes Store, to re-roof ?

36" wide x 33' long. Looking for a low cost way to re-roof an inexpensive Mobile Home in northern FLorida. I see its Aluminum which is good...but does it stick well and hold up good in extreme heat and sunlight ? Comes with a 10 year warranty I see. Sure would like to see a roof completely finished in it. If youve used it , please comment. Show a pic too. MANY thanks .
Reply to
ilbebauck

Also...has anyone re roofed using EternaBond product ?????

Reply to
ilbebauck

Is this for a final roof exposed, or is it a drip edge sealer used along the lower edge of a roof beneath the shingles

Reply to
hrhofmann

Final roof exposed , as is the Peel and Seal product. On the EternBond website it shows pics of it finished -- doesnt look bad.

Reply to
ilbebauck

Your local dealership might know of some other locals who have purchased/installled the roofing. That's where I would start to look for existing installations.

Reply to
hrhofmann

e quoted text -

Will do ! thanks.

Reply to
ilbebauck

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote

Let us know what you found out? I have no experience with the product but am interested in it for a patch job.

Reply to
cshenk

How much wind do you get ? I would worry about it coming loose after time.

2 cents worth

Jerry

Jerry - OHIO

I believe EternaBond is EPDM which is widely used for flat roofs. One of the target applications for EternaBond is RV roofs.

I didn't see much of much information at the peel & seal link. I suspect it is also EPDM.

Some links I found a while ago on EPDM:

and other pages
There are 3 ways to install it. A common one is to contact cement it to the underlying surface. Wind shouldn't be a problem in that application.

Reply to
bud--