Replacing a Maytag washer motor

How do I ge the old motor out of a Maytag top-load washers? It is on a sliding mount and secured by four nuts. Unfortunately, the nuts are about impossible to reach. I believe I will need to remove the pulley and somehow take the whole assembly out but I can't figure out how the assembly is secured to the washer bottom.

Anyone know how to do this?

Charles

Reply to
Charles

Try

Edwin Pawlowski

I dont know that particular machine, but to remove those nuts, you may find it easier if you tip the machine on it's side.

Reply to
Generic Male Homosapien

Hi,

Model#??

model# helps.

Depending on the age/model of your washer some are bolted underneath and some are bolted from the top....some nead the motor pulley removed first while some do not.

Are you changing the motor?

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff