Repairing old french doors

I have some very old French doors that have sagged out-of-square. The joints have opened up some so it will be easy to insert glue and clamp. I just want to know what's the best way to get the door back to square and clamp them without breaking the glass.

thanks,

jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey Hersk

The best way is to remove doors, remove glass, disassemble, clean, replace damaged parts and properly re-glue and re-assemble. More work, but it will also last a lot longer.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Not likely just inserting glue will hold for long. You might want to run some 1/2 dowels through the stiles into the rails.

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Well i disagree, the glass is often floating. But the doors you havnt described , may be , are crap.. Well made doors dont do that unless dipped- stripped. You need a clamping system and glue and dowels. have fun

Reply to
m Ransley