Removing a drop in range

I am remodeling my kitchen & need to remove the drop in range & put in a new tile back splash before I install the replacement range. Can this be done by a novice or do I need an expert?

Reply to
Slim61

Electric or gas? Either way, really not hard to do. it should lift out once disconnected. Be sure there is enough clearance for the tile or it will not go back in.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Well, there are commonly a couple of fasteners on the underside of cooktop.

The OP mentioned a new replacement range. I hope he's checked that the countertop cut-out is compatible. These are not well standardized between manufacturers or even models.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar