Drop In Range Removal

Does anyone know how to remove a drop in range? I am replacing the countertop. It is elctric with 4 regular electric elements.

Reply to
iceman

Most drop in ranges (with an oven in the front) slide out after screws securing it are removed from the front. Sometimes these screws are accessible after opening the oven door.

A drop in counter top (consisting of only burners) normally is secured on the underside of the counter top with brackets.

Reply to
Ken

Thanks. I should have mentioned it has an oven.

Reply to
iceman

iceman wrote in news:93039891-44ab-4823-aecf- snipped-for-privacy@j4g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:

And if I remember, it will be sitting on a wood pedestal of 2xX's with the electrical connection under there. Well, the ancient avacado one I pulled out did anyway.

Reply to
Red Green