Matte Finish Vinyl Flooring?

Does anyone have the "new" matte finish vinyl flooring?

I'm curious as to how rough it feels to you.

My parents just had it installed in their kitchen and at first I thought it was a defect, almost like the factory forgot to seal the roll.

If you tried to slide across the floor in your socks, your feet would stop absolutely dead and you'd topple over.

I'm going to take a scrap to a flooring store and ask them, but I've never seen anything like this stuff before.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Keep us posted on how it works out. We'd appreciate your feedback. It may have merit in a situation where traction is vital, like stair steps maybe. if its just a fad like granite and can lights, in bid for a higher price, then why waste money on it? It might even have some drawbacks like more cleaning difficulty or dirt retention. It'd be nice to know.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

That sounds like the rubber flooring I have in my bath. It is great stuff and it uses a lot of recycled tyres, although it does not look like tyres.

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

Depending on the age of your parents, it might be a really good thing.

A high-friction floor would, I think, minimize the chance of slip-and-fall.

Reply to
HeyBub