Remodeling bathroom, order of things

Hi,

In my previous posts I already asked about the order in which to carry out certain tasks, but now I'm getting contractors who want to do stuff that I think another contractor ought to do because it comes later. So I wanted to get your opinion on the order in slightly finer detail. I'm going for a stand up tiled shower with tile on the wall in the shower area and frameless glass. I'm installing a wetbed on the floor and wonderboard on the walls. I'm heating my tiles with NuHeat.

Let's assume that the bathroom is gutted and that the wiring is done. The remaining tasks that I need help sorting are (there other tasks whose order I think is straightforward so I left them out):

a. Upgrading the drains and the water lines b. Installing the rough-in valve for the shower set c. Building the curb for the frameless glass. d. Installing the shower pan (is it the same as the shower liner?) e. Laying down the wet bed f. Laying down the tile heating mats (hooking them into the electrical system) g. Installing the floor tile h. Putting up wonderboard i. Installing the wall tile. Installing the grout. (One contractor claims that priming and painting comes before the grouting of the wall tile. Does that make sense?)

j. Drywall in the rest of the bathroom k. Prime and paint approapriate areas

Many thanks in advaince!

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Fude

Wouldn't it be best to do the floor last? Might get damaged with people tracking debris around. General rule seems to be do the work from the top down for many projects. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Around here all of those tasks are usually done by one guy, or a contractor who subs a portion to licensed trades as required.

Reply to
beecrofter