Refill1 lb. propane bottles

A classic symptom of CO poisoning. You should not be using unvented heaters inside.

Reply to
gfretwell

That's why I stopped. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

A big tobacco store.

Reply to
Micky

Because they are there.

Reply to
Micky

This is 2016. What are the modern symptoms?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Just a wee bit insulting, you think?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The one time I loaned out my radiant heater, to a guy in a drafty old house. I wasn't much concerned about monoxide buildup.

If you have a CO detector, may wish to bring it with you on your next garage heat project. Might be CO, never quite sure.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I had a glance (well, a listen) at that video. The guy does make sense. Of course, I cannot reccomend anyone do this, if there is a slight chance of danger or legal issues. Usual disclaimer.

The one time I took a propane cert course, one way to fill was to open the screw valve at top, and wait till the propane spits white cloud. Wear thick rubber gloves, they taught us.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No - he said propane at one point and butane another, in the same post - so obviously he doesn't know the difference - he refers to the same product as both.

Reply to
clare

Or he had a brain fart. You've never used the wrong word and had someone say "Huh?"

I sure have.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Still just a wee bit insulting, I think.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I don't think the OP has responded to confirm which gas he was talking about??

Reply to
clare

I remember when I was growing up on the farm. The trucks had two tanks. Someone told be that one had butane in it and the other had propane. They could supple the proper mixture (I don't remember why they needed different mixtures).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[sni]

I sometimes use the wrong word, and almost always KNOW it right.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Huh?

Reply to