Recovering the bottom of

D > Rather than replacing the lamp, I'd like to just cover its bottom. Are D > there kits sold for this process (and if so, where would I find them)? D > Otherwise, is the best way to do this to just stretch out some felt, put D > glue on the lamp base, put the lamp on the stretched felt, then trim off D > the excess when the glue dries?

As the others said, replacement felt is available. I prefer using rubber cement over contact cement as I find it easier to remove after it dries, plus easier to position initially (rubber cement will allow a 'redo', AFAIK contact cement will not).

Before replacing the felt bottom may as well check to be sure the cord and plug are in good condition -- easier to replace with the bottom off!

  • You step in the stream, but the water has moved on. This page is not here.
Reply to
barry martin

____Reply Separator_____ You're suggesting to someone who doesn't know if you can re-cover the bottom of a lamp do electrical work on the same?

Reply to