recessed lighting? no thank you

it's not just in california, it's everywhere

a little history on known health problems with fiberglass and the use of experts to boost profits at the expense of people's health [nothing new], from

"A CARCINOGEN THAT'S EVERYWHERE

An industrial process for making glass fibers was first patented in Russia in 1840.[1, pg.292] At the Columbian Exposition in Chicago in 1893, Edward Libbey, an American, exhibited lamp shades, a dress, and other articles woven from glass fibers. In

1915, the Allied Forces blockaded Germany, creating an asbestos shortage which resulted in commercial production of fiber glass in the U.S., as an asbestos substitute. (Asbestos is a naturally-occurring fibrous material that can be woven into cloth, does not burn readily, has excellent properties for thermal insulation, and therefore came into commercial use during this century.[2, pgs.390-392] Fiber glass has many of the same characteristics as asbestos.)

In 1938, the Owens Corning Fiberglas Company was formed, and three years later, in 1941, evidence of pulmonary [lung] disease was reported by Walter J. Siebert, who investigated the health of workers in cooperation with Owens Corning.[1, pg.292] That same year another investigator reported finding "no hazard to the lungs" of workers exposed to glass fibers in the air. Scientific disagreement of this sort has characterized the study of fiber glass ever since; meanwhile fiber glass production has increased steadily."

some are turning to wool now as a health conscious residential insulator

Reply to
effi

So, let me get this straight. According to Effi, fiberglass causes cancer. But, this Dr. Clark says it is a parasite. Who do we believe??? Effi doesn't know if she/he/it quotes two sources that are opposed. Scroll down the page and read the copyright notice for Dr. Clark. WTF is going on.

Effi really needs to take a good look at where she/he/it gets information. The internet is full of info and crap. Quality control is nil.

And I've been plonked before so I don't have to duck.

Reply to
Clark Griswold

That is only true for non-IC (Insulated Ceiling) rated recessed lights

Brad in Bend OR

Reply to
Brad Behm

With no quoted text, I can only presume that you are going to plonk everyone? WHO is..... ?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Totally useless post. Oh, my reply is

"incorrect".

My reply is also useless.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Just reading this one "homemade" page, I am quite sure it is inherently dangerous to drink from a "glass" made of glass........... I also wonder how we have tolerated eyeglasses as long as we have..............Lord the damage is bound to be un-manageable. Glass Jewelry, glass eyes, glass windows, glass..........fibrous or not, is still just that.........glass. Most commonly used to prevent ilness and transfer of disease in hospitals................might be just a bunch of hooplah......I'm not sure now that I have read Rachels Page on Fiber glass.

With invention comes risk. Kinda like waking up in the morning. There's no guarantee that we will be safe from breathing the availble "air" or touching anything that we may come in contact with......... I'm scared of people who are scared of all these "things".

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®