Where to put furnace thermostat?

Hi everyone,

I have a simple forced hot air furnace. The house is a 200 year old post-beam cape with the front two rooms original, while the back half of the house is a 30 year old addition. The thermostat is located in a front room that we seldom use and is drafty. It would seem to me that the thermostat would perform better if located in the central part of the house away from doors, windows and drafts.

I'm about to purchase a programable thermostat and I'd like to run it to the furnace from a dirrerent location.

-Jeff

Reply to
John

Stats are typically located near the return air grill. 60 inches above finished floor.

Reply to
SQLit

Simple enough- where you want the air temp held near the set point. Obviously that should be somewhere in the airflow loop from/to furnace, i.e. not in a closed-off room. John

Reply to
barry

and exactly where did you get that tid bit of info? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

WTF, since when??

~kjpro~