Recessed Lighting + Insulation = Truly OK?

I just installed 6 of the "Air-tite" Halo H5ICAT's in my ceiling via my attic. My attic has batts of fiberglass insulation w/ vapor barrier which I cut & peeled back to install the 6 lights.

The Halo website indicates "Housing may be covered with insulation".

I'd like to take the insulation I cut back and put it back on top of, around, and all over the lights I installed to ensure that any insulation lost from installing the lights is kept to a minimum.

2 Questions:
  1. Can I truly 'smother' the lights in the fiberglass insulation with no fear of fire or anything like that? Or is there a better or safer alternative balancing insulation with safety?

  1. Should I remove the paper vapor barrier since I assume that is NOT intended to touch the lights?

Thnx!

You can smother them in insulation. That's what they're designed for

Reply to
RBM