Those cans have an overload that shuts the fixture off if they get too
So it is probably okay.
But I wouldn't do it.
Also you are limited to a 75 watt max lamp it those.
Higher wattage lights tend to trip the overload.
The cans that I have are utilitech LWSIC32 from Lowes. They have a max
rating of 75 watts with a par 30 LN bulb and do have an overload sensor on
the top of the can. I have BR 30 LN 65 Watt bulbs in them which they say are
also OK. It is the paper on the old insulation that I am worried about. It
is about 20 years old and says on it, this paper will burn. I have had them
on all morning for about 5 hours and they get only warm to the touch so far.
I was thinking of just removing the paper from the insulation around the
cans. What do you guys think of this idea. Of course the guy at lowes was no
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.