Recessed Lighting & Vent Baffles

I have installed those plastic air baffles, I think they are made by Provent. They also make like a styro foam one as well. They are used to maintain air flow between the roof and insulation in tight areas. I bought the plastic ones and stapled them into my new addition between each joist of a new room addition. They run from the soffits and then in to an existing attic where I have adequate venting. I have installed three recessed light cans right where these baffles are running through. The lights are the type that can come in contact with insulation. My question is it ok to be near these plastic air baffles? The top of the can is probably 1/2", maybe less, below the air baffle. What do you think, fire hazard?

John

Reply to
PeleSajan

If they are IC type, I wouldn't worry about it

Reply to
RBM