Re: Annoying tic-toc clock.

>>>I have a Westclox battery powered wall clock with a >>>7 inch diameter face and it has a very annoying >>>tic-toc sound that I cannot figure out how to silence. >>>I tried gluing hardwood blocks to the back and it >>>helped a little but not enough. I find it hard to fall >>>asleep because of this. Perhaps filling in the back >>>with quick crete cement would do it? I suppose the >>>clock gearbox itself would have to be protected so >>>it could be replaced sometime in the future. >>>Or maybe just a space to allow changing the battery. >>> Any hints? >>>phil the old hermit >> >> >> The standard battery powered clock movements come in 2 >> types : >> : continuous sweep = silent >> : mini quartz = tik tok >> >> They cost about $ 10.. >> A Thrift Store clock can be had for less. >> >> The critical dimension is the length of the stem. >> >>
> >> John T. > > > That's what I'm looking for! Thanks John T. for this link. > ;>) phil

That tic-toc has been fired! I installed that continuous sweep unit and now I'm happy with it being so quiet. :>) phil k.

Reply to
Phil Kangas

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:11:00 -0400, Phil Kangas posted for all of us to digest...

Thanks for letting us know. G Fretwell really comes up with the goods. While I sit here in a daze and wonder...

Reply to
invalid unparseable