raining in garage

I had a new roof installed on my garage 4 years ago and have never had a problem with it until now. I live in Michigan and it has been very cold (in the teens or lower for the past 2-3 weeks). I started up my kerosene heater and ran it for about 10 hours total over 3 days just before all the cold weather hit. Yesterday the outside temperature hit above freezing and when I went out in the garage all of the roof sheeting was soaking wet and it was raining in the garage. There was no snow on the roof so I do not believe the roof leaks. Also, all the sheeting was wet, not just some spots. There is no ceiling or insulation in my garage. I have never had this problem before and I am wondering if the heater had anything to do with it. I have had the heater for 1 year and ran it last year but it was never this cold for so long. Any thoughts on this?

Reply to
Dave

When you burn kero (or anything), the reult is CO2 and............. water vapor. The vapor condenses on the cold bottom of the sheathing.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim