Tecumseh carb 5 hp Craftsman

I have a Craftsman 5 hp snowblower, three years old. I forgot to remove the gas from the gas tank. I've ordered a repair kit and have soaked the carb in a solvent for awhile. It's a Tecumseh carb with a bowl float.

When I put the carb back together, I know I have to snug the bolt that holds the bowl then back it off about 1 to 1-1/2 turns. I have not removed or played with any other settings.

Are there any other adjustments I need to make? I really would appreciate help. Thanks, Dermott

Reply to
Diarmud387

AWhen you say "bolt", are you referring to the part which holds the bowl onto the carb, or to the needle valve in the center of that part?

If it's the needle valve then 1-1/2 turns is about right as a starting point, you'll likely have to tweak it to a position where it's "right" for running under load.

I usually adjust it for maximum no load revs with the engine speed control to it's full speed position, and then open it a bit more, but not so much that the engine starts to sound rough.

Works for me. YMMV,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia