Quiet a water flosser

I am looking for ways to quiet a water flosser.

It's pretty loud.

I have it sitting on some carpet pad which reduces vibration.

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Andy

It would be cumbersome, but an acoustical tile enclosure? I realized they were loud but didn't think much of it until one review suggested using it while any roommates were awake to avoid being dangled out of a second story window by your ankles.

People have mentioned that the cordless hand-held model is noisy so I don't know if that would be a solution.

Reply to
rbowman

Don't they make flossers that hook onto the water faucet and make no noise at all?

Reply to
mike

These are quiet :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

They would not have the necessary power to flush out debris from between teeth.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Stick some cotton in you ears before turning it on.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

It's probably the pump. To lessen the vibraton, use more viscous water.

Couldn't resist.

Reply to
micky

Got any theory or specs or comparative observations to support that assertion?

My Waterpik doesn't seem to have all that much pressure.

I'd measure it, but I don't want water in my pressure gauge.

Reply to
mike

"So how exactly does a Waterpik® Water Flosser work? The cleaning power behind the Waterpik® Water Flosser is a combination of water pressure and pulsations. When you direct the water from the flosser tip at your gumline and between your teeth, the combination of pressure and pulsations cleans away harmful plaque and food debris.

Studies show that pulsating water is more effective at cleaning vs. a steady stream of water. And you can adjust the pressure setting to your liking, from a gentle to maximum cleanse."

Unfortunately the pulsating part is what is noisy.

Reply to
rbowman

It's not pretty and will probably elicit some snickers. :-)

It muffled the sound quite well.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

If you can still find Ensolite... it is an amazing sound deadener.

When I was young, we had an LC Smith manual typewriter. It was built like a tank! The thunking sound it made, echoed throughout the house. My dad brought home 4 small squares of Ensolite, and put one under each foot of the typewriter. The difference in sound was astounding.

They used to make camping/backpacking sleeping pads out of Ensolite, but I haven't seen them in years.

Sometimes you can get industrial suppliers to give you samples of things. If they still make Ensolite....

Reply to
croy

They still make it.

Andy