Question about rewiring flourescent lights, new ballast, new bulbs

Folks, I purchased some new ballasts and bulbs for my flourescent lights out in the garage (shop), at the advice of a friend, who now really can't tell me how to wire them up. I want to replace my old fading bulbs, and so, was recommended to purchase some Phillips, F32TB/TL841plus bulbs (which are the same length, but smaller diameter) which supposedly put out a whole lot more light. To use these bulbs, I also had to purchase a new ballast for each fixture. These are the Advance Transformer co. Rel-2P32-HL-SC ballasts. The problem comes in with the wiring. The old original ballast had two red wires (going to one end of the fixture) and two blue wires, going to the other end of the fixture. I saw how the old ones were wired up, but the new ballast has only one red wire going to one end, and two blue wires going to the other end. The red wire I figured I could jump to connect to all four connections at one end of the fixture, but on the other end, originally, of the two sockets, only one socket received a connection, one wire to each of the original blue wires, but then jumper wires were hooked up from one socket to the other socket. Does anyone have any experience rewiring these? I don't want to blow up the ballast or the bulbs by miswiring.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,Thanks!

Reply to
Richard

Bring everything back to the store and just replace the fixtures. It will be cheaper.

Reply to
Art

As you said, tie all the sockets at one end to the red, then cut the jumpers apart at the other end and wire one sockets wires to one blue and the other sockets wires to the other blue

Reply to
RBM

You have two lamp ballasts. The red wire is common and jumps from socket to socket at one end. Each blue wire goes to a _separate_ socket at the other end.

Don't go by the old ballast, it's a different animal.

Reply to
volts500

new fixtures will be cheaper than new ballasts and bulbs

Reply to
hallerb

Reply to
bdeditch

unless the old fixtures are mounted in a way would be a pain to replace the entire fixture. My kitchen was that way. had a four buld fixture and when the old balast went out I decided to go with two two bulb balasts so a failure would only take out half of the lights. I also want to wire the two balasts to two diffrent switches to contol the light level a little.

Reply to
MC