T12 Electronic Ballast Replacement Question

I have 3 sets of 2 lamp 4' T12 florescent lights in my kitchen.

Expect for one which I replaced last year I believe they have the original ballasts.

My question is are the 2 blue wires and the 2 red wires interchangeable between the ballast and the lamp holder clips?

IOW, there is no inner red/blue wires and no outer red/blue wires?

Just wondering because I know I just hooked up the blue and red wires (4 wires) on the other ballast that I replaced w/o "tracing" inner and outer wires, because on the new ballast the 2 red wires are one on top of the other and the 2 blue wires are side-by-side.

Reason I ask is because I had to replace another faulty one today and the lights ran for about 2 minutes and then they went out.

I'm guessing it was just a faulty ballast. This is what I'm installing.

Ron

If the wires comming out of the ballast are the same color, it does not make any differance which wire you of that color. There is no inner or outter blue wire so to speak.

Make sure you are using the correct ballast for the bulbs you have. Do not depend on just matching the colors to the old ballast. They may not go to the same place as the old wires of the same color.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Thanks. That's what I thought. The one I'm installing is the exact same one I used on the other light. This one is defective.

Reply to
Ron

Try Robertson RSW240T12120 in the future. I've replaced all the ballasts in my garage shop lights and my basement fixtures with this ballast. It will drive T8 and T12 bulbs. They work great and no more buzzing and flickering lights. Much more compact than the GE unit. Can be had on amazon.com for about $11 each or 10 for $75.

Fixer