Quarto air conditioner

Hi,

I'm trying to get some information about my central air conditioner. The only brand name on it is "Quarto" but I can't find anything on the internet about it. I live in the Atlanta area, it's in the crawl space. It's possible I have it confused with the furnace, but I'm pretty sure it's the air conditioner. Bought the house a couple years ago - no info available.

Thanks,

beekay

Reply to
beekay

If it is in the crawl space, it may be a heater, evaporator for the AC, both, or air handler. The condensing unit is the part outside. The condensing unit has the compressor and thee are two copper lines going to the evaporator coil in the house (or maybe under in your case) Does the outside unit have a name on it? Do you have a heater some place else?

It may also be a name brand unit that has a new nameplate on it. More information is needed to determine what you have. Do you have a specific question about something?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I have seen furnaces named "Quatro", not "Quarto" as you say. The ones I have seen (only 2 or 3) did not impress me as quality equipment. As I recall, they used Honeywell Smart Valves, and I heard somewhere that the trouble those pieces of junk gave put them out of business. Larry

Reply to
lp13-30

Yes, it is Quatro. Guess I flipped the letters around. So far, it's been fine, heats and cools OK. Just wondered about the name and who might really service them.

thanks

beekay

lp13-30 wrote:

Reply to
brucealan

Must be "Quatro", a brand name that belonged to Consolidated Industries, later bought by ICP.

Reply to
Travis Jordan