pvc fitting connections?

Should pvc fittings be connected absolutely straight onto the adjacent pipes?

I had a sewer hook-up job done yesterday and the curved fitting connected to the pipe coming from the house is uneven by about two centimeters or so. By uneven I mean that it does not fit straight onto the pipe.

The guy who's doing the job has deftly come up with excuses for a couple of other things already so far and before I address this with him I want to be sure that I am correct in pointing it out to him.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Reply to
al

As long as there is plenty of adhesive, the pipe will seal properly. PVC and ABS are very forgiving that way. For larger pipe used for drains (3" and 4"), it is often actually necessary to angle the pipes slightly to get the water to flow the right direction. You can often get up to a 10 or 15 degree angle coming out of a hub.

It may have been intentional but it may also be cosmetically sloppy but otherwise fully functional. If it dosen't show and dosen't leak, forgettaboutit.

Reply to
PipeDown