Purchasing a washer online from Sears? Prepare to pay $31 more than the sale price.

The walmart here closed the phone store area at the front of the store and made it into the pickup area for online orders. The self checkouts, I can almost get through them now without help, a couple of times I even made it through without help.

Reply to
My 2 Cents

The kids bought me a six-pack of Cream Soda for my birthday. It's always been one of my favorites, although I don't drink much soda these days.

Birch Beer, specifically White Birch Beer, was a favorite while growing up, especially at Boy Scout Camp.

I'm craving a Birch Beer Float.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It's vanilla, I love it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yeah, BrandsMart pulled that same crap with me. I had recently purchased a new set of equally high quality but much lower priced hoses and had them hooked up to the washer when it was installed.

Then I took theirs along with my receipt back to the store and got a refund.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Sears will automatically add the hoses, but you can then delete them in the shopping cart.

Reply to
sms

We just lost our Sears. But they actually didn't want to close. They had kept our store open and closed the two other closest stores which were much older, and it was doing fine.

But the mall owner is trying to tear down the mall and he pressured Sears to sell out, with the help of the city, whose politicians he gives campaign money to.

So now, with the other two Sears gone, we would have to go a long way to go to one.

In any case, I find Lowe's a much better place to buy appliances because they generally have them in stock at the store, you don't have to order it then wait for delivery or wait for it get to the will-call at the store.

Reply to
sms

Yet the merchandise sales part of Amazon is not profitable, and it is subsidized by Amazon's other ventures. So it's wrong to say that all Sears had to do was to put their catalog online earlier.

Sears sold off their other businesses which generated more income than department stores.

Reply to
sms

Had Sears done it earlier perhaps Amazon never would have made it this far. WalMart got caught starting late too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I seem to remember a company that rode their cash-cow film business all the way to, and up the stairs into, bankruptcy court.

"We can't go digital - even with our own innovations - because it'll eat into our film profits."

Some smart guys just ain't so.

Reply to
DerbyDad03