Mini-split

Hi,

Got a tiny concrete cottage about 700 square feet. Been thinking about adding a mini-split heat pump. This is a rental property for poor people.

What has been your experience? What brand names are good? Advice?

Reply to
sam

I have 2 of them. They work well but the fact that they use a remote control might be troubling in a rental. Expect them to get lost. I would switch mine to a wall mounted thermostat in a heartbeat if there was an easy way to do it.

Reply to
gfretwell

can't you wall mount the remote in some fashion?

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

They give you a bracket to hang it on the wall but you can't make it stay there. It has to come out to change the batteries and that means it can be taken out and lost. I don't know why people think they need the remote with them but I find them scattered around. I still do not understand this "remote" madness but everything seems to have a remote these days.

Reply to
gfretwell

Perhaps this might help...

A renter might try to remove the cable for a TV remote, but for a piece of HVAC equipment they wouldn't really need to tamper with it. It's worth a shot.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It would be a lot easier if they would just let you put a thermostat on the wall and get rid of the remote altogether.

Reply to
gfretwell

If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You might find it cheaper to get one or two Walmart window AC. Renters can be hell on fixtures.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon