Public Bathroom questions

It's funny how everyone in the western world manages to shit while sitting. There really is no problem to solve.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Better to use a selfie stick than make the classic mistake of photographing yourself in a mirror, hence you get a photo of your phone!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Funny how everyone in the western world uses a normal sit down toilet just fine.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword
[snip]

One-way glass would work (although I hear that "one-way glass" isn't a real thing).

Reply to
Sam E

It's absolutely useless. The best it can do is make it so you can only see from the dark side into the light side. So people who put them on their windows get privacy during the day, but as soon as they turn on the TV or some room lights, they get the opposite. You'd think there would be a way to make a substance which blocked photons in only one direction, but a physicist once told me it was inherently impossible (as far as we know with current technology....)

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I don't think she was using a selfie stick but when I was there last fall there were plenty of people posing on the edge of cliffs. Bryce Canyon also had a bunch.

I wouldn't want to be tasked with retrieving the body. It's not like you can stroll along the base of the cliffs. There are two trails going down from the rim but they are about ten miles apart.

Reply to
rbowman

I've looked for those when out in the woods but I seldom find one. Staying in practice is good.

Q. Does a bear shit in the woods? A. Not if he can find a Porta-potty.

Reply to
rbowman

Are you serious? "Ooh Ahh point"? Is that what she said as she fell? And she works at Yelp? Is that what she did when she stopped falling?

Last fall? (titter)

There will be billions spent on risk assessments and fences now, just because of one clumsy fool.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Have you ever used the technique of a grass slope to wipe your arse?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I try to not have to resort to native materials. I carry a ziplock bag with a stack of baby wipes to which I've added a healthy slug of rubbing alcohol. Not only can you wipe your ass but when you're hot and sweaty a quick rub down with rubbing alcohol is refreshing. They are also good for cleaning up after roadside repairs.

There are a number of non-baby wipes on the market but I find the Pampers brand a thicker and more durable than most and are inexpensive. Few of the alternatives are saturated with alcohol.

Reply to
rbowman

Snob.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Oddly no. The US isn't quite the complete nanny state yet. There are fences at the popular vista points but otherwise you're free to kill yourself if you so desire. The first time I was at the Grand Canyon was in the '50s and that hasn't changed. My mother would climb out on ledges while my father and I observed from a safe distance.

The same goes for wildlife. If you're stupid enough to try to pet the bison at Yellowstone that's your problem. There are several incidents every year, some fatal, when some idiot mistakes nature for DisneyWorld.

Considering the number of visitors there have been remarkably few fatalities at the Grand Canyon. I don't think Hillary Clinton has ever visited. One of her little falling spells would save the Democrats a lot of problems with her pleasant way of alienating voters.

Reply to
rbowman

But don't the relatives of the dead sue the owners of the park? I mean if a f****it woman can sue for spilling hot coffee (like coffee would be cold) on her vagina, while driving (which she shouldn't have been doing), then why not?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

What has been seen cannot be unseen. I am not glad I read your post.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I thought you was talking about yer ass.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Right. Suing the National Park Service would work out really well.

I can't find any updates but I doubt it will get any further than the first attempt. The Park Service is attempting to evict the goats.

I've met goats on trails and have had to have a short discussion about who was getting out of the way. The goat elected to detour. Had he not he might have met an untimely death.

Reply to
rbowman

Talk about being a snob.

Reply to
Meanie

That reminds me of Stargate: "Undomesticated equines could not remove me".

My pipe's at the front.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword
[snip]

I used to live in Fort Worth, Texas. In the middle of town there is a tall building where the outside is almost all glass. During the day, it's a mirror outside (and so looks blue). At night, you can see people working late.

BTW, there is NO grass on that block. Everything except the building is covered not by concrete, but tile. That tile is VERRRY slippery when wet.

Perhaps if we had robots no bigger that photons, but that may be impossible too.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

The only person I ever knew who liked those wipe things was a chav girl my friend went out with - briefly - until they started yelling at each other which was quite amusing.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword