Problem with washing machine

Don't post much but I do enjoy reading daily. Thanks in advance for your help!

Admiral Mega 22 Plus Heavy Duty 2 speed Model: LATA200AAE

12 years old. Never had a problem at all.

Gentle cycle and Permanent Press cycle both work fine.

Normal Wash has 4 sections:

Wash Spin Rinse Spin -- doesn=92t work; the washer remains full of water from the rinse cycle and the knob moves, but the washer does nothing.

I=92m thinking it needs a new timer. What say ye? Anything else I need to consider and check before I buy a new timer?

Reply to
bmickey9

Normal Wash has 4 sections: WashSpinRinseSpin -- doesn?t work; the washer remains full of water from the rinse cycle and the knob moves, but the washer does nothing. I?m thinking it needs a new timer. What say ye?

Reply to
Rudy

Test the lid switch first. A bad lid switch will prevent spin.

Wait, did you say it goes through the first spin after wash? Then maybe you're right, timer.

Reply to
Rick-Meister

Yeah. It does the first spin but doesn't do the 2nd one. Is there even anything else it could be??

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
bmickey9

This may sound stupid, but are you sure you don't have an out of balance load? If so, the machine will go into "tilt" mode and stop spinning and stop pumping, but the timer will keep running. You come down to the machine thinking that it's completed the cycle because the timer is off and find a tub full of water.

Either remove the clothes or rebalance the load and try it again.

Reply to
Rick-Meister

On Jun 30, 2:53=A0pm, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote: =2E

Talk to the gurus at repairclinic.com for advice and parts. Their web site is very good for general info, too. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I was thinking the lid safety switch.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Had a similar problem on an Admiral/Maytag. Get a new timer.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Yeah. It does the first spin but doesn't do the 2nd one. Is there even anything else it could be??

**************************************************************88

If it is a mechanical timer, take it out, and clean the contacts with a fine fingernail file or sander.

Reply to
Bob F

Thanks to all for your help. If ya think of anything else please let me know.

Reply to
bmickey9

Thanks to all for your help. If ya think of anything else please let me know.

**********************************************************************8

Just jiggleing the connector on the timer has solved problems for me in the past, also.

Reply to
Bob F

If you are going to clean the contacts use something like a fresh dollar bill soaked in isopropyl alcohol pressured between the contacts.

Reply to
tnom

Did that help the machine to run?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My old whirlpool used to get jammed in the rinse cycle. The answer for me was to clean the motor and all the moving parts with brake cleaner. And re-oil it all.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Life always seems to get in the way : )

Reply to
bmickey9

Bit of an update. As we ran it this evening we can hear the timer and it seemed to click right through the second spin cycle but never activated it. Not sure where to go from here. Still could be the dirty contact points I guess.

Reply to
bmickey9

snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote in news:935ea541-6acf-489f-878c-4372a52401c9 @k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Bad transmisson Time for a new washing machine.

Reply to
JJ

see:

buffalobill

I have a point file.

That's an awful lot for a point file. I'll sell you mine for 45, shipping included.

Good to know.

Reply to
mm

If it's a mechanical timer, if it does the first spin, the contracts are most likely ok. There's very likely only one set of spin contacts, but several cams that close them. Maybe you can figure out something when you have a good look at the timer.

Reply to
mm