Question about igniter on gas stove

I have a GE Profile gas cooktop, and today for no reason it started that clicking sound it makes when you turn the gas on. The igniter continued to spark about every 20 seconds or so even though the stove was not turned on. I unplugged it, and called for service since I did buy the service contract, but has anybody had this happen? The stove is 2 years old.

-- Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

Mine has never done that but I understand how it could happen theory. What mine does however is to cause my push button crock pot to come on when any igniter is active.

Reply to
The Priory of AUK

continued to

service

How odd about the crockpot, I wonder why that would happen.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri