Gas Stove top constantly clicks

Hi,

A copy:

TIP:

Hello, I have a Kenmore Elite Gas range/oven. This morning I noticed the range top ignition was clicking all by itself every 15-30 seconds. I checked all of the knobs to assure they were off and they were. All burners including the oven light as normal but the ignition will not stop clicking.

- It is now clicking every 2-3 seconds!

- Does anyone have any suggestions?

- P.S. I turned off the gas and electric until resolved.

While previously cleaning the range control knobs, one of those switches got wet and was completing the circuit to the spark module causing it to fire off sparks. A little help from my wife's hair/blow dryer and were all fixed!

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Unplug the range.

Seriously, you got moisture in the switches. Remove the knobs and you can see the switches. One or more of them has moisture inside. you can try drying them out with a fan placed in front of the range or you can replace the switches. Edwin was right on.

Reply to
Ed

Dry it out. The water is probably making a contact just as if you were hitting the switch. Maybe you can blow some air in the wet spots.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

We have a gas stove top and when I cleaned it up, I probably got some water in the pilot light area. They do light up but when they are in the off position, they are constantly clicking - like they are trying to light. How can I get the clicking to stop? Thanks

Reply to
Libba