Preparing for a Chilly Winter: Pellet Stove Fuel vs Raising Util prices

I recently purchased Whitfield stove and terminated about 5' of 3" horizontal piping with a T fitting with a vent plug on the top leaving the bottom of the T open,should I plug the bottom?

Cost for pellets locally (NW) have gone down slightly $160>170 per ton with the tread continuing to go down as more mills come online according to some industry sources..how this compares to raising elect rates I'm not sure yet but any comments would be helpful.

Reply to
selfsuficient

Just plug in the numbers here for a quick comparison.

Where I live, electric is still the most expensive by far.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks for the Calc link..very helpful and yes I will be saving $$ according to this. :)

Reply to
selfsuficient