Prep work for new microwave

The microwave is arriving in a few days so I downloaded the Whirlpool installation instructions from the web.

I'll be using a 3.5x10 rectangular vent through the wall. The instructions say to cut a 4x12 hole in the drywall for said vent. There is (of course) a stud along the edge so I can only make it 4x10.5 hole. Question: Is there "slop" in the microwave exhaust that allows for the vent to be off to the side a little? thx

Reply to
joe

Can't speak for the Whirlpool, but I've installed two OTR units and neither had any way of moving the vent. You'd have to use an offset piece of duct.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski