Lifting an existing house onto pylons

I recently purchased a 30 year old house on the coast. The house is currently on a crawl space, but I would like to lift the house onto pylons before I renovate and add-on. Can anyone tell me if lifting the existing 1100sqft onto pylons would be smart to do, cost effective, etc.? Or would the project be so extensive that I would be better off leveling the house and starting from scratch with a new house? Any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Reply to
mbrewer

In the Charleston SC area, houses of all types have been lifted and moved. The simpler the footprint of the building and the more regualr the framing, the easier. TB

Reply to
tbasc

According to :

This is one of those times where the only way to find out is get quotes from house movers/raisers, and make the judgement yourself based on your perception of the cost/benefit ratio.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

Thanks. I will check into the cost.

Reply to