Power vents for a gas tank water heater

Are all the power vent kits about the same for a gas tank water heater? Can anyone comment on the installation? Currently I have a "gravity feed" double tube vents to the side of the house (no chimney).

Reply to
Phisherman

if your replacing the tank check out a vertex water heater, it has awesome capacity, very high efficency now qualifies for 30% fed rebate and built in power vent

Reply to
bob haller

If this is AOSmith, these are not sold directly to customers. Rebate or not, it would cost me well over $1000 to contract it.

Reply to
Phisherman

I am a homeowner not a professional plumber. I just bought an A O Smith vertex from a local plumbing supply store, no problems. Ditto on the capacity. I am looking forward to my tax credit. The heater costs $1500. There is a Vertex "something" which is more efficient, has a larger capacity and costs more than $2000. For my needs it would not have been cost effective. Richard

Reply to
rgoldste

yeah the biggie is CXAPACITY, EFFICENCY, and the tax credit

a standard low efficency regular 75K BTU 75 gallon is about a grand, the vertex is a cant lose decision

Reply to
bob haller

On Wed 29 Jul 2009 06:00:21a, Phisherman told us...

We were able to buy an AOSmith unit from out utility company.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright