Power Tools The Machines That Built America

Have you been watching the series on History Channel?

The power tools episode repeats next Sunday at 8 PM. It has been a good series.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Modern Marvels is up to season 21 now and I've been a fan from the beginning. Having said that, the current host gets on my nerves. I liked it better when they simply had a narrator rather than a host. In spite of the annoying host, it's still a good program.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

They do jump the shark a lot. Some of their "Marvels" were not that marvelous. I haven't had cable for quite a while so I have not been watching it lately. It was far more interesting than watching pawn shop owners, truckers, crab fishers and motorcycle mechanics argue when they turned a "marvel" into a series.

Reply to
gfretwell

I like those shows. I almost never watch in real time, but use a DVD. I'm watching the power tool show whine typing this.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I still watch some, although I liked some of the older ones better . IIRC, the first I saw was about the telephone.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I was surprised by the one about the Yamaha plant building off road vehicles in Georgia. Quite an operation.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski