Portable A/C on wheels as backup in case the central AC dies?

I'd ride the bitch til she died, then spend the money on an air conditioned hotel room while the new system was being installed.

the fact that its 20 yrs old should tell you something about the longivity of yesterdays equipment, unlike anything you'll buy today.

considered you prolly only run it a few months out of the year, it may only have 7-8 years of run time.......

Reply to
gofish

Better buy 2 just in case the backup unit dies.

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

Excellent idea. Have at it!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Window fans can be tipped on end. They make horizontal models which work fine vertical.

If there is such a switch as [auto - fan on], put it on fan on to see if that helps. On the thermostat.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ah, but those are likely not allowed either. Imagine if everyone in the development had a chainsaw running in the window? Hmm?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Casement window AC are hard to find. But can be found, if needed. I believe the OP said the neighborhood didn't allow window AC.

Generator and AC sounds good, but they likely are allowed neither. Sounds like a housing tract from Hell.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Please don't confuse him with facts.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You wouldnt know a fact from thrid base you f****ng hack.

Reply to
ftwhd

Well, shit.

Maybe your onto something here.

FWIW, here our well water is of such poor quality that I do collect condensate during the summer months and use for in-process cutting tool cooling application.

( Yes, Kris, that would be as in "toilet water" )

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Hey you f****ng retard.

Google posts dont show immediately.

Might be they think you coulda posted kiddy p*rn or something I guess, and they dont want it in *THEIR ARCHIVES*

However, still no excuse for you to f****ng post the same gawdammned shit onto usenet FOUR FUCKING TIMES.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Mebbe you can un-confuse me by explaining the diff. between rain (a condensate in clouds), and A/C condensate on a coil. Afaict, condensate on a coil should be somewhat purer than rain, or a lot more, depending on atmospheric conditions/pollution.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message news:og65i.96$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga...

Rain isn't concentrating all of the airborne pollutants and pathogens from your home in the resultant precipitation.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Assuming there is that much of a difference. And on how much smog is up about the rain clouds. And what the raindrops collect on the way down. etc.

If it is as bad as you seem to imply, mebbe the home-moaner should be walking around with a respirator/surgical mask. :)

Not saying you are wrong, or that there is no difference, just don't intuitively see it as much of a diff.

I hark back to the various studies on bottled water, and the ripoffs therein. Recall Penn and Teller w/ their garden-hose water at a 5-star restaurant.... :)

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message news:lgj5i.8$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga...

That was some of the funniest shit I've ever seen on tv.

Despite watching the show, I *still* drink Poland Spring. It's my replacement for beer.

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

I'm sure it's better than nothing at all, but I find it surprising and contemptable that you are so spoiled that you can't live through one bloody night without your A/C.

Crank the fan, kick off the covers, and GO BACK TO SLEEP fer chrissake! Hell, you probably won't even realize that the A/C died until the next morning.

Reply to
mkirsch1

Steve screw this asshole. If he wants to prove something he can either drink the shit for a month and report back or puss out and take a sample, send it off and post the results of the test.

Reply to
ftwhd

Yup, he wouldn't know a pathogen if he walked on one.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Yup, let him get some creeping crud disease and the lab sample will be a biopsy.

Reply to
ftwhd

wrote

and?

It's not.

Reply to
<kjpro

Its not rocket science, its more complicated than that.

Reply to
Noon-Air