Above ground swimming pool install

I recently purchased a used above ground 21' pool. The pool was already taken down. I have already installed the sand and leveled the blocks that the bottom frame go on. I have put up the wall and then attached the wall section where the skimmer will attach. Here is the problem. When installing the skimmer pannel, I attached one side and installed most of the bolts but the other side overlaps the rest of the wall by about 8". I haven't tried yet to align the holes yet. I am wondering if the frame is just out of round and if I get it correct if the panels will line up? Any one with experience with this. It was enough work getting it where it is. I don't want to have to redo walls. Any help on how to make sure pool is perfectly round would be appreciated as well.

Reply to
paulread_2000

I would think its normal to fight those last holes to line up.

Reply to
longshot

The problem is that it isn't just an inch or two it is a full 8" overlap. I'm trying to find out if anyone has experience with this and if there are any tricks since this is the first time I have ever installed a pool.

Reply to
Paul

The problem is that the overlap is a good 8" and it seems like a long way to go especially with the sides already being in the track. Just trying to get help from any one who has had experience with this.

Reply to
Paul

Ok, I think I've got you now. A 21 foot diameter pool has about 20 sections? So if each section is off about a third of an inch you'd get the mismatch you see.

Go around the pool and see if you can move each joint by about a third of an inch.

The pool should be round since it's sitting in a round track. To check measure the diameter in a couple of places.

Reply to
Dan Espen