Poison Oak: How to get the black lines off your clothes

Do you know a good remedy to get the poison oak black lines off jeans?

Every time I walk through the brush, I get poison oak resin on my clothes. That's not a big deal as I'm not allergic to urushiol but my clothes, when they come out of the wash, have black slashes all over them.

It's as if someone hacked at my jeans with a black marker, it's so bad.

Tired of ruining jeans, I wonder: Do you know of a good way to prevent or get rid of poison oak / poison ivy black lines (which don't show up until AFTER the wash cycle)?

Reply to
Glenda Copeland

"Glenda Copeland" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@tioat.net...

I was checking Google, maybe this would help.

Cheri

Oh! ....My! ....Gawd!!

I'm SO allergic to that stuff, I'm gonna hafta retire to my bed for a week jes from reading your post.

Only once in my life did I survive poison oak (shudder). I walked thru a glade of thigh high plants sneaking into a motorcycle race. I put my leather motorcycle jacket down in front of me so it shielded me and my pants as I walked thru. I didn't get any sap on me from my jacket, either (a freakin' miracle I'll never understand). So, try some smooth leather chaps or maybe rubber chaps or apron of some sort.

nb ...yikes!... get me outta this post!

Reply to
notbob

Try rubbing waterless hand cleaner (Goop?) into the stains. Let it soak overnight. Then wash them by themselves, and again to get rid of the smell. This gets out black grease stains for me, so maybe it'll work on those oils.

Reply to
Bob F

My go to product is Motsenbocker's Lift-off.

Looks like you'll want #2. Luckily they carry #2, 3, 4, & 5 at Home Depot in the paint department. Why they stopped carrying #1 I'll never know. Although you can order #1 from HomeDepot.com.

I"ve taken ice tea stains out of beige carpeting that had been in for over a year with #1.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4952 (20100317) __________

CraigT