Please face forward and hold the handrail

On 12/01/2019 12:06 AM, micky wrote:

That's the part the critics prefer to overlook. You brew coffee with 190 degree water but you don't set the warming plate to 190.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sun, 01 Dec 2019 02:06:51 -0500, micky

Keurig brews at 192F

Add pictures here
βœ–
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 30 Nov 2019 11:44:23 -0500, Hawk

At the very least you should believe by now that the woman had a reasonable case and not one to be cited as without substantial merit.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/1/19 2:09 AM, micky wrote:

Maybe the looney-libtard democrats should ban hot coffee?
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/1/2019 2:09 AM, micky wrote:

No.Β  Life has risk.Β  Virtually everything we do has risk.Β  The slip-n-fall scammers should be euthanized.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/1/2019 2:09 AM, micky wrote:

No, she didn't. She didn't use common sense that placing a hot beverage between her legs and removing a lid, even as a passenger, has risks. Her clumsiness was her fault. I'm also skeptical of the son pulling over to let her add he condiments. OF course the attorney will advise not to say they were moving or case dismissed.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/1/2019 9:30 AM, Hawk wrote:

In courts here in Delaware if defendant is found against them blame is apportioned. You do not sue for a dollar value but essentially for damages. If it were determined that it was 90% her fault, as most here would agree, she might recover 10% of the damages.
Add pictures here
βœ–

From my limited experence in NC traffic laws if even 1 percent of an accident is your fault, then it is up to each driver to fix their own car. Say you are going down the road and decide to turn in a drive way, there is a minimum distance where you are suppose to turn on the turn signal. If someone rams you from behind, it is still partly your fault if you did not signal atleast that far ahead of time.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/1/2019 10:32 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

All state courts have a somewhat different perspective.
Here, I found that if you get a traffic ticket for an accident if you just pay it and it gets to court you have no defense. I was advised to plead no contest and pay the ticket as if it does get to court you can bring up arguments in your defense to mitigate the damages if you lose.
On the national level we see it all the time where law firms shop the courts where they know they can get a favorable verdict.
Add pictures here
βœ–

It is best to take any accident related ticket to court. The cop generally did not see the offense and the only witness is the other driver. If they don't show, case dismissed. Tip, if both drivers got cited, postpone your court date, just in case he does show up for his ticket and it is scheduled the same day.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com writes:

Isn't it better to man up and accept the consequences of your actions?
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/1/2019 2:20 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

What would a democrat lawyer do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBe_guezGGc

--
Get off my lawn!

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/1/2019 2:50 PM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:

Technically if he went by the hillbilly axiom we all learned at the time: "Eatin' ain't cheatin'" then he was correct.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/01/2019 12:20 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Ain't the American way. Early in life I found out those stories that started with 'I didn't do anything and that cop...' were pure bullshit.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/1/2019 2:20 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

But, but, but, the entire legal profession will collapse
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sun, 01 Dec 2019 19:20:26 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Just forfeiting the collateral to get them to ignore you to "failing appear" seems like the cowardly way out. That is what you are doing when you "pay a ticket". I was standing there in front of a judge prepared to defend my actions with the chance that I could end up paying more than the collateral on the ticket. How much more manning up do you want?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Traffic court is a crap shoot. I've heard plenty of stories good and bad.
My favorite was years ago in Philadelphia. Must have been 100 of us there hoping to get out of or at least a lesser charge. Door opens and the bailiff announces: Court is now in session, the Honorable Judge Whoever presiding. Judge sits and say "how do you plead: so every one of us says "NOT Guilty" and the judge responded "Dismissed" I guess he had an early Tee time.
Add pictures here
βœ–

They went the other way in Lee County traffic court. The judge said "You all had the opportunity to forfeit collateral and not waste my time but if you want a trial you can have on. Just know, my guilty verdicts come with fines of $500 and up so if you want to reconsider there is a table in back where you can pay".
I suppose a good lawyer would be able to make a case that there was something unconstitutional there but pretty much everyone paid.
In Maryland traffic court, the normal outcome was half the fine and half the points so it was worth doing.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/01/2019 08:32 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Sounds like Mexican traffic law. Whoever is still at the scene when the cops arrive is the party at fault.
Add pictures here
βœ–

One of my DC cop buddies said if they pulled up on a property damage accident and anyone wanted them to write a report they were giving everyone a ticket. Usually they decided they could deal with it themselves.
Add pictures here
βœ–