Genie/Overhead door turns on for a sec, sounds like reverses for a sec, then quits.

Has been working fine for a long time. All of the sudden, while closing the door, it only closed 3/4 of the way, and stopped. I came out much later and noticed the door open and the light was still on (at least 30 minutes). Pressing the button (with door engaged and disengaged) yields the same result: the opener turns on for a brief period (~1 sec) then it sounds like it reverses (my guess based on noise) and then stops. Light stays on for expected (4 minutes or so) amount of time after. Took board out, no visible burns/damage. Tested all diodes and transistors for continuity.

Reply to
Lev Vayner

What about electric eyes? Typically I think they have a green light on both sides and if they are aligned and no blockage, both lights should be green. If not that, I think at least some of them have a wheel and sensor mounted on the motor shaft or drive assembly. It's used to measure the speed and if it's screwed up, it can incorrectly believe the door has hit something and stopped. Oh, also if it's the electric eye thing, then holding the button should make it go all the way down.

Reply to
trader_4

Sounds like could have obstruction/binding hitting the reverse...disconnect from opener and make sure operates smoothly.

Then, with still disconnected, see if the opener functions normally.

Reply to
dpb