PHIL'S WASHER QUESTION

I have a whirlpool imperial seventy old used machine that has stopped doing the spin cycle. I can hear the motor going and it starts to spin then just peters out. Any answers?

phil

Reply to
PHILIPWOLF

Look under the machine Is this a direct drive? (no belt) Are there little bits of plastic on the floor?

You have a bad coupler.

Reply to
gfretwell

First thought came to mind, was lid switch. Of course, the Whirlpools often had direct drive couplers that were known to go bad.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon