Patio Screen Door Opening

I have a sliding patio screen door that doesn't seal completely at the top. It's in the track correctly but there is a noticeable gap. Any suggestions as to how to seal this to keep the bugs out, but still allow opening and closing? Also, how can I make it roll easier (already replaced the rollers)? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
nr

Usually there are adjusting screws at the edges of the door - 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top. You should be able to turn the lower screws "in" to raise the door on the track. You may have to turn the upper screws "out" to allow the door to rise up. You want the door to be in a position to cover the opening & then to have the screws snug (not tight) to keep the door from riding up too much when it is slid.

This may also help with the sticking problem as it will get the door to be running on the rollers.

You could also check that the tracks the rollers run on are straight & not clogged with paint as that will impede movement.

If you still have sticking it could be that the door frame is warped or bent. I know mine got that way when someone walked into the screen & pushed the door off its tracks.

Is it not closing because the screen panel is warped, or because the thing doesn't fit up against the house? If the former, a wooden rod inserted in the fram should force it square, if the latter, get some of that weather-stripping that's like a bristle-broom in a metal channel, and attach that to fill/cover the gap. It can attach to either the door or the frame, whichever looks easier, and brush the other.

Reply to
Goedjn