Small propane heater

HI. I have a unique situation. I have a structure, treehouse/cabin that is about 150 sq. feet. I am looking for a small propane heater that is vented. I have seen very small units, similar to what would be in a hunting blind. The one i saw was vented via 3'' stove pipe. Does anyone know of a source to get such a heater?

Reply to
wh349055

Any propane dealer should be able to help you. Do a web search for the Modine Hot Dawg heater also.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

There are in-the-floor mounted Propane/NG Heaters that are very compact and are exhausted from underneath . Gas line is brought underneath as well, so, the only thing you see from the topside is something that looks like a typical floor register. Has a small fan that takes return air and discharges the supply air all thru the topside opening. Saw them in the W.W. Grainger catalogue. THis sounds like the way to go for such a small sq. footage of 150.

Reply to
HVAC fella

if you must go with propane, consider a catalytic propane heater, supposedly quieter, safer, and more efficient than any other kind of propane heater

and HEATER ACCESSORIES ItemNumberDescriptionPrice Olympian Wave 6MH60006000 BTU catalytic heater, 18" x 14" x 4" $349.00 Olympian Wave 3MH30003000 BTU catalytic heater, 12" x 10" x 3 1/2" $259.00

smaller one, duct blind size, some use with an adapter hose to a larger propane bottle, though manufacturer recommends against it:

?cat_name=Heaters&category_id=3000

Reply to
effi

Reply to
effi

If your situation was really unique, there'd be no canned solution. SInce it's not.

has a propane/forced-air heater that's designed for tents and RVs/

Reply to
Goedjn