shower-door water-deflector eroded, came off

"Shower-door water-deflector eroded, came off"

What's it made of? Not obvious to me:

(Shower door, etc, was installed in perhaps 1940, maybe a few years earlier)

. Aluminum? Doesn't have that "aluminum feel", seems not lightweight enough for that.

. Some other alloy?

Anyway, it seems to be made of *some* fairly-lightweight metal.

(Poteltial clue?: Although it shows no aluminum-like wee surface-pits,

2 of its 4 screw-holes (all are near the top edge) have been eaten away, in a V-shape gap, out to edge of the piece. (The wide part of the V being at the edge, narrow part being the wee-hole itself),

QUESTION: What to do to reattach this thing to the bottom of the shower door?

Drill new holes both through the deflector-piece and into the door

(Inner question: what kind of metal-screws will grip the newly-drille *no-threads* hole?)

Quick and easy, via some kind of waterproof glue (epoxy, perhaps?)

Other ideas?

Reply to
David Combs

"Eroded, eaten away. 1940's or b/4". Do you really want to repair? I think it's time to consider replacing since you can get a decent shower door for $200 or under.

"David Combs" wrote

Reply to
Dot Com

Well, what with the *only* thing wrong with the shower-door being that this bottom piece has come loose (still attached at the other end), seems like a waste to throw out the shower door with the shower-water.

And, and I don't know about other people here, but $200 isn't, for me, toss-away money.

So, if I can kludge-together some way to stick the water-deflector back onto the door, it's a win.

So, anyone have any ideas on how to re-attach this thing?

Thanks!

David

Reply to
David Combs

"David Combs" wrote

The *only* thing wrong is in your own words "eroded,eaten away, 1940"s or b/4" JUNK! Why don't you save your shower water and recycle it? Maybe use it to brush your teeth, if you have any. You cheap bastard, you probably only shower once a month whether you think you need it or not. Good Grief man, post your lame question on alt.usenet.kooks. You probably will get some information geared towards your state of mind.

You haven't even checked prices, you can get an economy shower door for under $100. I recently received a flier from one of the box stores, which had them for under $60.

Let it rust out some more, maybe the jem you're trying to save will rust together.

Yea, call someone who gives a shit.

Reply to
Dot Com