Painting wallplates?

We have about 15 tan wallplates that we would like to be white, what's the best way to paint them that won't chip off after a while and look horrible?

Reply to
Schism

buy new white plates they are cheap bought by a big package.

what color is the switch part, or receptable part? if they are different it will look strange.

switches and outlets can be changed pretty cheap like a buck a piece

Reply to
hallerb

Hi, Paint? Why bother?, new plate with color of your choice; Ivory, Off white, etc. will cost a few cents each.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

They are coaxial / phone line combo plates, I bought them off the internet and I don't want to spend double for shipping them back or buying more.

Reply to
Schism

I forget what company but there is a spray paint made for plastic. It also works really good. Go to your local harware store and ask them.

Reply to
Brian

Use spray paint. What kind I don't know. Do it outdoors, far enough from everything that the paint won't drift over to a car or house etc. Even then do it on a calm day, over wide newspapers.

mm

krylon for plastic at walmart

Reply to
digitalmaster

Why not just buy white wall plates? They cost all of maybe fifty cents each.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Buy more, sell the ones you have on eBay.

Reply to
Doug Miller