overhead l e d lites

I replaced two flush mounted overhead fluorescent lites with overhead l e d lites.Now-they-are-much-too-bright.-Can-I-put-tape-on-some-of-the-led`s-and-make-them-not-quite-as-bright.Thanks-for-any-reply.---Herb

Reply to
herbwhite59

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

Spray paint is your friend. Seriously, replace the bulbs with lower wattage or return it-good luck with that...

Reply to
Tekkie®

How about putting in a dimmer switch?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Some LEDs are dimmable - some are not.

Reply to
hubops

You're one of the lucky ones. Most LED lights are so dim you can't see the end of your own arm.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

They'll get dimmer as inevitably most of the LEDs die off one by one by overheating.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I replaced a fluorescent fixture with a LED and it's sweet!. More light and the best part is the color temperature is selectable. I leave in on Nordic white but it does 'warm white' if I want to feel like I'm living in a cave with guttering candles.

Reply to
rbowman

Until it fails prematurely.

I really don't understand the desire for warm white.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Choice? I have 6500K in the garage and 2700K in the great room.

Reply to
Bubba

Why would you want anything other than natural sunlight white? Warm white is the pitiful excuse for light you get from candles, filament bulbs, and cheap CFLs.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

How can you be so wrong so often?

Reply to
Earl Links

Explain why what I wrote is wrong.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Funny, I've never seen you post before, yet you claim "so often".

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Not wrong, just an opinionated tool who thinks everyone should follow your expectations.

Reply to
Meanie

Did you replace with the same type of fixture? 4 Foot fluorescent with 4 foot LEDs or did you use another style fixture? Can the LEDs be replaced with a different K value? If so, then that's what I suggest instead of trying to cover or reduce the brightness with tape or another method of obstruction.

Also noted, the suggestion of adding a dimmer switch if the LEDs are dimmable.

Reply to
Meanie

I explained why I was correct - natural light. No you explain your side or forever look like an American^W fool.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Won't the defrost if the light is used for an extended period of time?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Open the tube and put black paint on every other LED.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Silly me, I forget you believe your opinion is the gospel for the world to follow. (e_e)

I don't need to explain "my side"(opinion) because it's just an opinion. Many people like the warm colors and others like bright. Some have more difficulty with their eyes while others don't. I don't expect you to understand nor accept that opinion because you're a complacent simpleton.

Reply to
Meanie

It's not an opinion, it's a fact what wavelengths come from natural sunlight. Wanting anything other than that is ludicrous. How many people do you see lighting their homes with blue bulbs or green bulbs?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword