overhead l e d lites

Which do you find easier to see things in?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword
[snip]

Why would you assume I'm "some people"?

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

LEDs are diodes (which emit light when forward biased), and as such, they are polarity sensitive. A LED powered by AC will light on only one half-cycle. For this reason, many fixtures made for use on AC will have a full-wave rectifier before them (this allows the use of almost twice as much power). It is these where adding a diode (polarity doesn't matter) will reduce the brightness.

BTW, most LED Christmas lights have two series of 25-35* LEDs each. Some have one series on each polarity and others use a full-wave rectifier. You can tell which by trying it with a diode. You'll get either only one series lit or both at lower brightness.

  • - I don't know, but I suppose strings for 240V countries have twice as many LEDs per series.
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Okay. Like I said I have zero experience with Christmas lights since the

1950's style with the small incandescent bulbs that had to be replaced regularly.
Reply to
rbowman

Had you temporarily pegged on the wrong side of the argument for some reason.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I can often see better on warm white CFLs vs hotter. On LEDs I like 5000K for shop. Daylight not sure if they have same bandwidth as real Daylight.

Greg

Reply to
gregz
[snip]

IIRC, they don't. There's blue (LED) and yellow present. If it's done right, it should look white (although I have seen some that look purple, as well as the typical yellow).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Daylight LEDs look the same as real daylight to me, certainly 10 times closer than that artificial warm crap, which is more like candlelight. Come on guys this is the 21st century, we can make real light!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Why would you not want a mobile phone?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Most of them speak English, and I think only a third can speak Welsh. T= he signs are all dual language. The first two signs you see when enteri= ng Wales are "Croeso i Gymru" shortly followed by "Camer=E2u cyflymder".= Or "Welcome to Wales" and "Speed cameras"

-- =

In 1839, the imperial Chinese commissioner Lin Zexu wrote a letter to Qu= een Victoria warning that, unless the British stopped supplying opium to= China, he would cut off rhubarb supplies to Britain, killing everyone t= hrough mass constipation.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I don't see the problem with Ireland, we should either just take it and kill all the Catholics, or let them have the tiny little piece of land and forget about them.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

What temperature do you select?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I suppose it's better than road signs in Salish like we have on the rez.

Reply to
rbowman

You've been trying to kill the Catholics since Oliver Cromwell's day with little success. Just kiss Ulster goodbye and be done with it before the PIRA wakes up.

Reply to
rbowman

As white as it gets. 6500?

Reply to
rbowman

Sounds sensible. Real white.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I'd drop a great big bomb over there.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Humans are warm blooded. Outside temperature is not of my concern.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

FFS at least the Welsh use the same letters.

-- =

If you're cross-eyed and have dyslexia, can you read all right?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Same here, 12C. Predictions are impossible. They said 10C the other day and it was 0C. Another excuse for the council not to use grit.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword