OT: What's the point of a laundry basket?

Because I'm not about to traipse up and down 2 flight of stairs just to dump a few clothes each day. :-(
(Now if I still had a "clothes chute" like the last house........)
Reply to
""Retired"
My first house was two flight of stairs for laundry. Next house was one flight, much better This house, same floor. Best way ever.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski
They still have those? I thought those went out in the 60s. My washing machine cost me nothing, I got it on freecycle, so don't claim people can be too poor to own one.
DMMLTU
Reply to
Commander Kinsey
Why would I sort dirty clothes from dirty clothes? They all get washed together. You do realise dyes are all colour fast now?
Reply to
Commander Kinsey
In article , snipped-for-privacy@military.org.jp says...
Not all of them are. I just washed some IZOD jeans with some white wash cloths. The white ones are now a light shade of blue.
Was doing the laudry as my wife is laid up for a while with a sholder replacement. Caught a litle flack about that.
Reply to
Ralph Mowery
Try some cheap Chinese flannel shirts. Or expensive Chinese flannel shirts for that matter. The only difference is if you pay more the sleeves aren't cut to fit an alligator.
Reply to
rbowman
Because in my case the place I disrobe is upstairs in my bedroom and the machine is downstairs near the back door. In any case you may like myself be clumsy, and the plastic baskets can be quite a soft landing if you fall over a cable you left on the floor yesterday.. ahem. Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)
A clothes shute? How quaint. Did it have one of those wire operated bell racks so bells rang from different of the mansion in the servants quarters below stairs? Probably had a speaking tube as well. Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)
Out at the Kommanders place.

Now is that the rinse or the spin cycle ?
Judging by the quantity of laundry, they're going to need several baskets. Even there, nobody likes laundry day all that much, which is why they waited that long to do the laundry.
I wonder how many Tide Pods are in that river?
Paul
Reply to
Paul
Light/cotton
Mixed coloureds
Darks
All get washed separately in our household. Have you not noticed the labels on towels in particular saying "Wash dark colours separately".
We also wash woollen pullovers occasionally, these need a gentler wash than the run of the mill 'ordinary' things. At the other end of the spectrum one might want to wash sheets and towels on a hotter longer wash than clothes.
Reply to
Chris Green
My wife set up 3 baskets in the small walk-in closet off our bedroom; one for whites, one for top clothes/colors, one for towels/Terry. Totally avoids sorting.
Reply to
Todesco
Too much fuss. I do two loads. One is whites that get bleach. All colors including sheets and towels go in the other load. No wool in this house.
To simplify further, all my socks are plain white sweat socks. No matching, no pairing, just stack them up and put in the drawer.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Site Timeline Threads