So the washing machine is going upstairs

Wall mounted tap(s)?

Reply to
Jimk

I believed I could fettle it but the guy at Wren was right. fair play :)

I *cannot* get a dishwasher, washing machine and sink onto the far wall of our L shaped Kitchen.

It was always going to be tight, hob and oven are on the right, so in front i've 1200mm of appliances, the right hand of the L (600) corner post, we were left with less than 500mm for the sink unit.

I thought i'd cracked it by getting a 400mm base unit and a sink with a

350mm bowl. Patted myself on the back. Until I woke up this morning and wodered where the tap was going. Right into the space for the bloody dishwaser.

It could only work if we found a sink with a bowl less than 400mm that doesn't need a cutout for the drainer and had it on the right where the mitre is. Or one without a drainer I suppose.

Aren't kitchens a ballache?

Reply to
R D S

Bit of a ballache when you've bought the tap, and drilled the hole in the sink for it.

Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. Until the noise drives me mad and it springs a leak through the ceiling.

Reply to
R D S

Just lose the dishwasher. I've never really seen the point - I have used them in holiday lets, but wouldn't bother with one myself.

Yes, we cook every day.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

+1

Same ...

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Honestly, wouldn't be without it.

The first time I went to a holiday let that had a dishwasher, the first thing I did returning home was get one.

Reply to
R D S

can't live without mine

I hate washing up

more more importantly I have a low tolerance to putting my hand in overly hot water

So I don't believe that I sterilise stuff sufficiently by hand washing

the machine does that easily

tim

Reply to
tim...

My fix was to use a slimline dishwasher. Only slightly inconvenient.

Reply to
newshound

We used to have a washing machine upstairs in the house we lived in when our children were toddlers - so lots of washing. It was actually quite handy as it was next to the hot cupboard so some things could go straight from machine to airing in the cupboard. ... and the dirty clothes basket usually lives upstairs so that's a saving too.

Reply to
Chris Green

We dry in our spare room with a dehumidifier. I've been mooting shifting the washer upstairs for years.

Reply to
R D S

Many kitchen spaces were designed before the appliances that have to go into them, who knows why. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

A sink hole can be capped - it doesn't look the best but what can ya do. Glue a buddha onto it? :) Taps can wall mount, or if you're brave & creative even ceiling mount. Smaller than usual dishwashers & washing machines are available.

And yeah, kitchens should be easier to put together than they are. And last a lifetime. And not be made of water-soluble glued waste.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Commercial kitchen fabricators could probably weld you up one in stainless steel.

Or have a raised section / double thickness of worktop to accommodate the drainer thickness.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

What are the worktop's going to be made from? If going for something like Corian, then you can under mount a single basin, and route a draining section into the worktop.

Or get a slimline dishwasher.

Yup :-)

Reply to
John Rumm