OT: V8 H2 engine

While there is no law or regulation that expressly prevents the President of the United States from driving in a personal vehicle, it is the preference of the secret service to drive current and former presidents. In 2012, President Obama signed into law the Former Presidents Protection Act, reinstating lifetime Secret Service protection for George W. Bush, himself, and all subsequent presidents.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Just because some fool journo claims something...

Doesn't matter what they prefer, the individual gets to tell them that they get to like it or lump it when they choose to drive themselves. Ike and LBJ both did that repeatedly. So does the shrub.

Separate matter entirely to whether the SS gets to tell anyone that they arent allowed to drive.

So much for the land of the free.

Reply to
Jacob Jones

Murphy's law update. If you don't bring a spare tire, YOU WILL GET A FLAT.

Our newKohler low flush has 2 modes - quick flush for #1, extended for #2. Even on the quick flush it handles almost anything I throw at it - and on the full flush it is better than the old water-hog by a LONG shot. I've never managed to block THIS one up!!

Reply to
Clare Snyder

OK - is driven.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Funny then that it worked with seat belts, air bags, fuel economy standards, energy efficiency standards for furnaces, ACs, insulation, etc, etc, etc,

Who the hell is he and assuming he's telling the truth, why is his limited data set of much significance?

Reply to
trader_4

And the luddites back in those days were raising the same objections. I remember people whining about how seat belts would kill more people because they would not be able to get out of a car fire after a crash. Incredibly stupid, but that was one of the big objections.

Trump protecting the public? Really? Trump was holding his death rallies in the early days of Covid. We had a thousand a day dying and he held rallies with tens of thousands, no masks, no social distancing because all that mattered to him was to try to get re-elected. He mocked people wearing masks. Ask Herman Cain about the results.

Reply to
trader_4

Biden isn't driving home, they fly him too. But it's a short hop and they are not using the 747.

Reply to
trader_4

So Biden campaigned from his basement while Trump held one death rally after another across America, tens of thousands, no masks, no social distancing and Biden beat him. How's Herman Cain doing?

Reply to
trader_4